Skip to main content

What is the benefits of dark chocolate?

Benefits of Dark Chocolate

Experts confirm we have much evidence that Dark Chocolate benefits our body when moderately eaten. Also, that is valid for Dark Chocolate made 70% from cocoa powder. Chocolate mixed with creams and sugars is high in calories and very addictives. In other words, despite many stereotypes, chocolate can benefit our bodies. How do we produce healthy dark chocolate? We add fats and sugar to cocoa. The chocolate healthy level change by changing the amount of cocoa powder that will be substituted with more sugars and fats. Therefore, we have different quality and named chocolates made by other brands. We always suggest buying Dark Chocolate with at least 70% cocoa powder. To conclude, the best way to buy chocolate is by looking at the labels and checking the quantity of the following ingredients too:

  1. Sugar. As more cocoa powder, less is the percentage of sugar present.
  2. Lecithin is an optional ingredient in dark chocolate. It keeps the cocoa and cocoa butter from separating and helps blend flavours. It’s added to many store-bought chocolates as an emulsifier.
  3. Milk good quality dark chocolate should not contain Milk, except in low fat.
  4. Flavourings of organic chocolate are present in many supermarkets and shops. However, I suggest using Fair-Trade and organic chocolate. In this case, for specific reasons, Choose Fair-Trade and Organic Chocolate. Companies make this kind of chocolate with organic cocoa, free from chemicals and pesticides. Also, organic chocolate has at least 70% of cocoa.
  5. Chocolate that contains trans fat and hydrogenated should be avoided. Hydrogenated fats are linked to heart and blood diseases.

Let’s now about the benefits of eating dark chocolate in a moderate amount.


  • High-quality Dark chocolate has an excellent nutritional value. To have a better idea, we can double-check the following link. We can see the percentage of dark chocolate is 85%, and the rest, 15% comprehends a minimum amount of sugar and fats.
  • In dark chocolate, we can find Magnesium, copper, manganese, minerals that give significant support to our brain.
  • Also, the flavanols in dark chocolate can stimulate the endothelium, the lining of arteries. That means a lower blood pressure level and a reduced risk of blood diseases. Besides, the flavanols can protect against sun damage, improve blood flow to the skin and increase skin density and hydration.

In conclusion, dark chocolate benefits the body despite many stereotypes if it contains at least 75% cocoa and is eaten moderately.

Now enjoy this beautiful recipe:

Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownies

Total time 35-45 minutes
Preparation time 00:15
Final weight 920 grams


250 grams of sugars, granulated
150 grams of gluten-free flour
150 grams of whole eggs
180 grams of butter, unsalted
One hundred ninety grams of chocolate, dark, 70-85% cacao solids.
Chop chocolate and butter and melt them on a bain Marie.
Two at the same time, we mixed eggs and sugar and whisked them until white and fluff
3 after we gradually mixed the melted butter and chocolate with the eggs and sugar.
4. We added cocoa powder and flour and whisked until the mix had the same colour.
5 We put in our square trays, and we baked at 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.

Nutritional label

Nutrient Value per 100g Value per portion (61 g) DRI percentageinfo_outline
Energy 481 kcal 295 kcal 15 %
Protein 5 g 3 g 6 %
Carbohydrate 49 g 30 g 12 %
Sugars 32 g 20 g 22 %
Fat 30 g 18 g 26 %
Fatty acids, total saturated 18 g 11 g 56 %
Fibre 2 g 1 g 6 %
Sodium 33 mg 20 mg 1 %
If you liked that you can follow us on our social media





Food Facts


Tryptophan is an amino acid. It plays an essential role in producing Serotonin and helps with mental health.


Pufa (poly unsaturated fats) are essential for our blood and heart. They also help the nervous system and are not harmful to our health.


Carbohydrates are four different types of sugars found in fruits and vegetables. We need the most starches found in grains and potatoes, and cereals.

Planning On Changing Your Lifestyle?

Trying to focus on the solution rather than the causes. That will lead you to a different level of thinking, reduce your stress, and make you feel better. Being constantly under stress increase the level of cortisol. Cortisol loves to help our body to store fat in our hips and our abdomen.

Right now, we know how to identify our triggers and learn how to deal with them. After that, the biggest challenge has an action plan to prevent relapse. A good relapse prevention plan includes three main steps. Firstly, recognize your triggers, secondly, deal with them and finally use our self-efficacy to deal with them without back in the old habits.

Get In Touch Today

Nutritional Counsellor| specialised in Mental Helth and Eating Disorder| | Food Production

Leave a Reply